Thursday, September 11, 2008

{thanks..}

Seven years since all of that terrible stuff happened. Am I getting old? Today in my English class (which happens to be an English class centered around the idea of terrorism- interesting? yes! frustrating? yes!), my professor showed a few films that had been made shortly after the events of 9/11 from film makers from different countries. Some opened my eyes to see a little bit of what other countries felt and thought at that time, and others were almost unbearable to watch- needless to say, I cried.
Despite that awful sick feeling in my gut, I am grateful for that reminder of my need for humility. The fact that all I have can disappear in an instant- my freedom, my family, and all that I know and love. I am indeed grateful to be able to attend university, to study what I enjoy, to express my feelings and thoughts, to pray the way I feel, and to enjoy the incredible blessings of a family. I hope I can always remember what happened then so that I can remember the important things in life and teach them to my kids and my grand kids.

1 love notes:

Mrs. JM said...

that's a beautiful love note sarah. i'll never forget the day ... jake worked until very late wiring this here house so we would have a home for our now family. he crawled into bed with me, we hadn't been married long, and we laid awake all night watching the news. the same footage over and over again and nothing made sense.