Sunday, October 5, 2008

{the first rain}

St. George finally received the first {real} rain of the season. It was amazing! The sky was blue-grey and the air incredibly cool compared to the summer. The land really needed all that moisture. It was a great addition to our weekend of General Conference and the St. George Marathon. I love the rain! Although, I have to say that St. George is not meant to handle the amount of people that make the trip to St. George for the marathon. With only a few main roads, it is just too small. Luckily, we didn't have errands to run and were able to hang out indoors and out of the crowds all weekend. I had every intention of waking up early Saturday morning to watch the first few runners pass the finish line, but the warmth and softness of our bed got the best of me and I missed it. There's always next year!

We really haven't posted in quite awhile, so I'll kind of get you up to speed on everything that has been going on around here. It can basically be summed up in a few words. School. Work. Cleaning. I am pretty sure our little home has the ability to get dirty within days of my last cleaning. I feel like I am cleaning every other day. School has been pretty fun and has been keeping us productive and busy. Drew loves his classes and has been updating the Inn's website. He is in the process of redesigning the whole thing and will be relaunching it when the website is consistant in it's layout all throughout. He is really good at it. As for me, my classes are good. I tested out of one of my classes, so now I can just focus on the last four. I am really enjoying my exercise physiology class and I feel like I am getting a good grasp of the concepts in it. My nutrition class is amazing, and continues to support and solidify my love and interest in nutrition and the human life.

As for St. George culture, I did find out a few weekends ago that St.George has an annual (or maybe biannual) rodeo. Unfortunately, we didn't find out until the night of and after it had already started. I have never been to a rodeo before, so I hope we can go next time. The same evening, St. George did have a street fair of sorts down on Main Street, only a block or so from where we live. In hopes of finding some fresh cotton candy, we took a walk down the street only to find a blow-up jumper thing and Navajo tacos. Some street fair! Alas, no cotton candy for me. St. George is continuing to grow all the time, so I am hoping more stuff will start up so we can be more involved in the community.

Well, that's about it for us. Hopefully we get some more rain here.

Ciao!

0 love notes: