Sunday, September 5, 2010

{peach days}

Yesterday, D and I went out to Hurricane for their annual Peach Days festival. It was way bigger than any other festival I have been to thus far in Southern Utah, and stuck to the peach theme better than Enterprise and their corn. This festival had a peach cook off and recipe, peach cobbler, and fresh peaches. I would say that was a much better attempt at celebrating some kind of produce, but in need of some major help. The peach cobbler was decent, but I found out it was made from store bought canned peaches. Totally unacceptable at a peach festival. Still, it was really fun to walk around, explore, and people watch. Always good people watching at these kinds of places.
There was some really yummy dutch oven cooking going on at the front of the fair. The samples of potatoes were delish.
There was an old combustion engine powered ice cream churner (according to D). So cool.
A roasting pig. The guy told me it takes 4-5 hours to cook a whole pig.
We parked by the cutest house with the most perfect brick. We thought something was up with it from the looks of it.
Come to find out, the bricks were all painted.

It was a fun day and I'm looking forward to the rest of the festivities in Southern Utah over the next few months. My calendar is marked and ready to go.

0 love notes: