Tuesday, April 20, 2010

{new bag}

After work and school stuff today, I decided I wanted another little sewing project. Since I will be coming to California this weekend for this, I decided the coming trip would require more than two pairs of shoes. Since I have only made one shoe bag previously, I knew I needed to make at least one more. A quick look through my fabric bag, and I finally decided on this lovely stuff. You'll notice this bag turned out much larger than the last because I actually stuck to Martha's measurements (last time I made a few changes since I didn't have enough fabric as required by Martha). I think it turned out pretty cute.
I love this fabric. I first bought it to make a springy skirt last skirt and have had the fabric laying around ever since. This seemed the perfect use!
I know Martha didn't call for the zig zaggity stitch I used here, but I can't get enough of it, so I just use it whenever I want :)
It'll be perfect to house this little beauties that my awesome mom surprised me with the last time we came to town. Thanks, Madre!

I guess I need a new sewing project...you can only use so many bags...plus my remaining fabric is in much smaller pieces...

3 love notes:

Unknown said...

What wonderful shoes! Love the shoe bag too---can't get enough!

Karlinda said...

Oh my gosh! I love your shoes Sarah! They are the cutest! The bag is way cute too!

/ Raelie

tothe4thfloor said...

Those are the cutest shoes ever!!!! Gotta have.