Tuesday, September 21, 2010

{a nap-py a day..}

and who does it better than Thelonius?
A nap-py a day keeps the yawning at bay.
It's been harder and harder to sleep all the way through the night. Maybe this is why new moms must get up during the first few months? Maybe it is really so new moms don't get bored at night until their bodies return to quasi-normal sleep function mode? Okay, probably not. I don't actually know what I'm talking about. But taking naps (which I haven't done since freshman year of college), has become more and more frequent and has made the lack of sleep during the night more bearable. At least I feel more balanced since I've started taking them.

I think you apply could apply this "pattern" to a lot of other things:

Some sugar (or chocolate) a day keeps the cravings at bay.

or

Working each day keeps the boredom away (working meaning productivity in any manner).

I don't know. I guess I like rhyming today. And napping.

4 love notes:

Miss Bowler said...

Your kitty is SO cute!! :)

Unknown said...

I felt Port move for the first time at 17 weeks--if you haven't yet...the time is close! So psyched for you! P.S. We're coming down Columbus Day weekend!

Mrs. JM said...

my favorite line was for sure about "new moms" getting up at night. i'm laughing at you now. should i be the one to tell you your nights of uninterrupted sleep are over for a very, very long time? even when grammy takes baby for a sleep over you'll toss and turn worrying weather or not he/she is cozy and well.

welcome to the club of sleep deprived people.

xoxo

word verification = slerstme

s.calder said...

Hence my "quasi normal" note :)